Remind kids to use their hands not their arms to catch the ball!
- Make sure you are always watching the ball
- Keep your eyes open at all times
- Catch the ball with your hands (young kids may scoop with arms)
- Out and ready for the catch
- Hands and fingers are relaxed
- Slightly cupped hands to catch the object
- Close hands and fingers to grip the ball during catch
- Bend elbows to absorb throw
- Feet move the body in line with the ball being caught
Keep your eye on the prize and the prize is the ball!