Getting different parts of your body to work together to move in the pattern wanted.
Planning the Movement
- Timing the movement
- Think/predict what to do
- React to a situation if different from what you predicted
- To use both sides of the body together
- Can be a symmetrical movement (star jumps)
- Can be an alternating movement (walking)
Hand Eye coordination
- Eyes guide the hands to complete movement (catching, striking)
Coordinated movements start in your large muscles groups and move into your smaller muscle groups working together for a fluid motion!