Remember one of the most important parts of jumping is landing.
- Eyes looking in direction of jump (forward or up)
- Take off from one or both feet
- Bend knees
- Swing arms back behind body
- Push up from heel to toes
- Forceful forward motion, swing arms upward
- Legs straighten in the air
- Control your body movement
- Keep both feet pointing straight for landing
- Land on balls of both feet
- Knees bent and directly over toes to absorb landing
- Control landing with no more than one small step
Remember to practice jumping up, jumping forward and jumping off of equipment from a raised height.