Hand placement and swing path are different in every striking sport!
- Make sure you are always watching the ball the entire time!
Prepare your body
- Feet shoulder width apart
- Weight on back foot
- Body is sideways with shoulder facing the ball
- Bat, stick, club or racket reaches far for backswing
- Feet move the body in line with the ball
- Rotate hips and trunk as bat, club, stick or racket is brought forward
- Weight transfers from back foot to front foot
- Bat, racket, club, or stick strikes the object
- Full follow through along the swing path
Seeing what direction the ball flies after the strike can give hints to error in technique or stance.