You must throw thousands of times before this skill is really learned, so keep throwing.
Prepare your body
- Head up eyes on target
- Stands with side of body facing the target
- Show ball to your toes (start with ball low)
Backswing (1. nose 2..shows)
- Bring the ball to your nose (ball up beside head)
- Show to someone behind you (stretch arm far back)
Forward Motion (3. throws)
- Step with foot opposite of throwing arm
- Arm moves forward forcefully
- Shoulder and hip follow the arm
- Let the ball go in the direction of target
- Throwing arm continues to move across your body
The back swing and follow through of arm and body are what gives a throw its power, distance, and speed.